In this article, we will review the top 10 best mascaras for 2020 that are affordable and would not burn a hole in your pocket. These top favourites are not only purse-friendly but they rival well against many other more expensive luxury brands. They are certainly popular amongst many trendy and budget-savvy beauty influencers.
Read on and find out what these top 10 best mascaras are. However, before that, let’s talk a little bit about our facial features.
When we’re putting on our daily makeup, we need to remember the basic rule; less is more. Furthermore, it will certainly help us complete our makeup routine quickly, too. What we want to achieve is to enhance our natural features and to look our best.
Now let’s take a look at our (facial features) order of importance:
- First, it is our skin (care): The skin is like the main canvas before we even start applying any makeup. Be sure to have a good daily skin cleansing, moisturising with SPF protection as well as a good nightly skincare routine.
- Then comes the eyes and lips: If we are really in a hurry, these are the first two features that we should ‘enhance’ with some makeup. The least we could do is to apply some mascara on our lashes as it helps to ‘open up’ our eyes and help ‘perk up’ the way we look (especially in the morning). Applying lipsticks on our lips will surely brighten up our face, not to mention that men generally find full, red lips very attractive.
- This is followed by the eyebrows: They help to ‘frame’ and create a nice balance to our whole face structure.
- Finally, if we have the time, we can then continue to apply eyeliners, colours for eyelids, cheeks and facial contouring shades.
As mentioned earlier, in this article we will be listing and reviewing the following top-rated mascaras and then, you can be the final judge to decide which one you feel is best suited for you.
It is worth noting that these mascaras are reviewed based on their application results, curling, volumising, lengthening and also for their price point.
Here’s the list of the of the best 10 Mascaras for 2020:
- Maybelline Lash Discovery
- Maybelline Snapscara Washable Mascara
- Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Mascara
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara
- Essence – Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
- Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Mascara
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Plumping Waterproof Mascara
- Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
- L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lengthening Mascara
1. Maybelline Lash Discovery
This is the perfect mascara if you are going for the natural, no-makeup look. With no noticeable clumps on application, the mascara gives just enough curl and tint to ‘open up’ and draw attention to your eyes. The brush can easily reach the inner and outer corners of the eyes allowing good tint distribution while separating and adding length to the lash. An easy-on-your-pocket mascara that will not disappoint.
2. Maybelline Snapscara Washable Mascara
Perfect for everyday use, this mascara is easy to apply, separating the lashes beautifully and leaving a nice shine to the lashes. It is also ideal for those with sensitive skin as it is wax-free and is made with more natural ingredients.
3. Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara
This is another favourite of fans who love volumising mascara as it gives a feathery-finished look. Super-size your lashes by up to 400% with their unique application wand. Come rain or shine, this smudge and smear-proof mascara is long-lasting all day and night.
4. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Makeup Lash Mascara
You’ll get voluptuous volume, feathery-soft and long lashes with this mascara. With its smooth application without flaking, smudging or clumping, it gives the perfect all-day bold look. Your eyes will also be well-looked as it is packed with high quality ingredients.
5. e.l.f. Cosmetics Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara
Makeup artists and users raved about this inexpensive mascara with reviews such as “it works as well as more expensive brands”. The brush wand offers maneuverable application on hard-to-reach short and bottom lashes. With just two or three coats, you will end up with beautiful, long and full set of lashes.
6. Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
If you are an ardent supporter of cruelty-free or gluten-free product, then this mascara is for you. Many user claimed this to be ‘the best budget mascara ever’ as it gives a full, beautiful finish and promises to be long-wearing without the flakes or clumps. Resulting in false-lash effect, this mascara works especially well on fine and sparse Asian lashes as it eliminates the tendency of smudging during application.
7. Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Mascara
This affordably-priced mascara is long-lasting and will not flake or smudge during the day. A silicone-based mascara washes off easily in little silicone tubes and won’t leave you with panda eyes – those grey residue around the eyes.
8. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Plumping Waterproof Mascara
Expect the unexpected with this mascara as it offers a hydrating lash formula with waterproof and plumping qualities. This waterproof mascara is perfect for contact lens users and those with sensitive eyes. With the use of ingredients such as vitamin E, keratin and hyaluronic acid, it also helps your lashes to stay hydrated throughout the day.
9. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
This mascara made it on our list of 10 best mascaras is Rimmel’s latest lash-enhancing mascara. Watch our lashes lengthen before your very eyes! Made with ultra-lengthening formula, this mascara promises beautiful, bold finish without the clumps.
10. L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lengthening Mascara
This tubing mascara uses polymer primer to wrap around each lash and lengthen them, and this will be followed by the pigment coating application. With just a light layer of the primer coating, the mascara would not run or smudge and will be easily removed with warm water.
#top #best #affordable #eyes #lashes #lengthening #volumizing #beauty #mascara #maybelline #loreal #budget #curl #no-clumps
By Kit Sani Barrett, principal consultant & trainer at ImageXchange. She contributes various articles relating to beauty, style, business, home & lifestyle.